Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The Calm Before The Storm

No Picture today.

Just imagery.

Imagine being at the Worlds biggest festival the day before it's goin to happen.

Its calm. Kind of cool. Really interesting.

Today all the kids in the program got aquainted with the city of Cannes, it was pretty sweet, cept for the fact that our train that got delayed arrived like an hour before the tour so like no rest really cuz my train stunk.

Anyways got a bus pass, got this sweet cannes backpack and my accredidation badge, and started some pre-production for our film. It's been pretty rad. But i fear it's just going to be crazy.

I have already started doing work for my internship getting all my boss's gear ready before she arrives and stuff. Looking at what screenings I want to go to etc. etc.

So yea right now getting ready for the next two weeks, it's going to be an adventure and I think I'll learn a lot about myself. Maybe meet a star or two, meet some contacts. I actually met one on the train today. His name was Marvin, or Melvin. I should remember I know, but sometimes it happens. Anyways we talked about his film career and his faith, and it just really made me think. If you don't know me by now, I love to think. Almost too much, haha. But it's all good. He talked about Islam and how it was his anchor, how it was his light in this crazy industry called Hollywood.

What makes Melvins faith true? When you look at Christianity, Agnosticism, Atheism, and all these other isms and anities, what makes one more right then the other? What makes one more special? Marvin/Melvin seemed to think that Islam was the only true light and truth why I argued the opposite. We were each so sure of what we believed. Are you sure of what you believe? I sure am, I still think the dude is wrong, but I still love the guy. Anyways just a little thought of the day. Think about what you believe, and ask yourself if it is really your truth. If it isn't figure it out, talk to me about it if you want!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can I just say when you go into another country make sure your phone is freakin unlocked, don't just think it is, but make sure, I dunno it just might save you 4.50 Euros a day. aka like 7-8 bucks. It adds up kids.

Anyways have a good one on the other side of the world or wherever you are. Do good things. Do great things, but don't do it for yourself.

Oh and Ice Cream is best in Europe.

I still love America though.

kind of.

No comments:

Post a Comment